We rent technology equipment that in and of itself is an effective way to be green. For customers that only need to rent computers, iPads, scanners or other technologies for short-term needs, by renting rather than purchasing, they are helping our environment by reducing future landfill waste. Our customers pay only for the equipment’s use – not its ownership.
This, of course, is a by-product of our services. We do more than that though. For example:
- Recycle used toner cartridges. Toner cartridges are made with plastics that can take 1,000 years to decompose.
- Recycle Batteries. We rent laptops in the thousands. With that many, we often require replacement batteries. Laptop batteries are made from important resources and chemicals, including lead, cadmium, zinc, lithium and mercury. By recycling these batteries, we are keeping them out of landfill, where heavy metals may leak into the ground when the battery casing corrodes, causing soil and water pollution.
- Green Equipment. We gravitate towards purchasing equipment that is environmentally friendly. For example, our Konica copiers use plant-based bio plastics that offer lower environmental impact, using less petroleum-based resources and emitting less CO2 during it’s lifecycle.
- Re-using packaging. We make every effort to re-use packaging materials until they are no longer able to securely protect our equipment.
- Paper, plastic and cardboard recycling. By recycling paper and plastic, we help conserve resources and reduce landfill waste to name a few.
- Reusable shipping containers. When you rent laptops, iPads, LCD displays and other technology equipment, you will probably see that we use reusable shipping containers. Not only does this help conserve resources, a lot of the containers are made from recycled plastics too.
- Proper Fleet Maintenance. It may seem like a small thing to do, but by maintaining our fleet of vehicles, we reduce fuel consumption. We also optimize routing for more fuel efficient consumption and make a point to refuel early in the morning during warm weather that will reduce the amount of evaporative emissions being pushed out of the tank during the heat of the day when smog most easily forms.
- Off-peak electricity consumption when possible. This has a very real effect on less carbon emissions being sent into the atmosphere, especially in the summer.
- Eco-friendly cleaning products. We strive to use eco-friendly cleaning materials to avoid use of toxic chemicals that can leak into the ground contaminating water supplies.
Each day, we impact the environment for better or worse. As stewards of our world, we all need to do our part to make a difference as our future depends on it. To learn more about our technology rental products or services, contact us today.