Government Office Equipment Rentals & Leasing
HTR (Hartford Technology Rental) works with a wide array of State, Local and Federal Government agencies as well as educational institutions in the rental of office equipment including audio visual, laptops, desktop PCs, tablets, smartphones and much more.
Since 2011, HTR was a GSA schedule holder for SIN 132-4 Daily/Short Term Rental of technology equipment until this SIN was retired on September 30, 2020. While this service is no longer offered through GSA there’s still a big demand for technology rentals in government and educational organizations.
Why Do Government Agencies Rent?
There’s quite a few reasons why government agencies and educational institutions would find renting technology as a better option to leasing or purchasing. Some of them are:
- Employee Training: Renting is the perfect answer to the occasional training class when budgets and storage space do not allow for purchasing of equipment. Renting also provides organizations a variety of equipment configurations for different training classes and locations. Ask about our Mobile Classroom Solutions.
- Short-Term Projects: Often with short-term projects it is not practical to make capital investments in equipment. Renting is a great way to complete your project on time and under budget.
- Emergency Response: When disaster strikes and you need technology equipment right now to support relief efforts, renting from HTR makes sense. We have the expertise to rapidly deploy equipment configured to your specs anywhere in the US within extremely tight deadlines.
- Meetings/Events: Renting is a great solution for when you have a meeting or event. We offer onsite support and are experienced in many types of meetings/events including panel reviews.
- Election Support: We work with several state and local election offices in providing laptop rentals and other IT equipment in support of local, state and Federal elections.
Prime Contractor and Sub-Contractor Solutions
HTR has been both prime contractor and sub-contractor on Government contracts.
As a prime contractor,
We’ve been awarded fixed price contracts, blanket purchase agreements (BPA) and indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contracts. Some of our awarded contracts include;
USDA (Forest Service Region 5)
Since 2012, through a BPA award, we provide a wide array of technology equipment rentals in support of the USFS Region 5 forest fires. Due to the nature of forest fires. We provide customized imaging and have successfully responded to extremely short lead times with 95% of orders requiring next day delivery.
Douglas County Colorado
Since 2018 we were awarded a 1 year with 4 one year option fixed firm contract to provide laptops for their election season.
US Department of Defense
In 2018 we were awarded a fixed firm price contract with the Department of Defense to provide iPads to all military bases around the world in support of a data collection project. We customize several hundred iPads and ship all over the globe. To date our contract continues to be extended.
As a sub-contractor,
As a veteran-owned small business that provides full-service technology rentals and is experienced in government contracts, HTR is uniquely positioned to assist prime contractors in government contracts. We’ve worked with many prime contractors in support of large government contracts. Here’s just a few of our sub-contracting awards;
General Dynamics IT
General Dynamics IT managed panel review meetings for the US Army. As a sub-contractor, our role was to provide custom configured IT hardware for these panel reviews including providing technical setup and support on an as needed basis.
National Conference Center
The National Conference Center provided accommodations for the US Department of Veterans Affairs large training events. As a sub-contractor, it was our role to configure, prepare, install and provide onsite support for the duration of the training events. The training events consisted of over 700 PCs, printers and an all-encompassing wired network.
CACI provides litigation support services to the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and other federal agencies under the Automation Litigation Services contract, a follow-on to the Mega 4 contract. As a subcontractor to CACI, we provide a variety of technology rentals for DOJ war room and courtroom setups.
Why Hartford Technology Rental?
Whether as a contractor or sub-contractor in support of government contracts, we continue to receive high marks for both cost-effectiveness and customer support. To date, any government contract we’ve held has been extended through all option years with a few that were extended even beyond the initial option years. The advantage of partnering with HTR.
- We’re classified as a veteran-owned small business. This can be helpful if the contract you’re working on is looking for VOSB organizations.
- Experience matters. The government team at HTRhas over 35 years’ experience in supporting government contracts as either a prime contractor or sub-contractor role.
- Quick to respond. Whether it’s sales or technical, our team is available 24/7 and has the quickest response time in the industry. This is critical if you are working on emergency response types of contracts.
- Equipment portfolio. We carry a wide array of the latest technology equipment available for rent to meet just about any demand. Need something you don’t see? Just ask there’s a very good chance we’ll stock if for you.
Click here to download a copy of our capabilities statement. Want to learn more on HTR’s Government solutions? Call now to speak to a representative at 301-931-2200.