Scanning papers, documents and files allows business professionals to easily capture a digital image of the contents on the surface. Of course, there are many models of scanners available for rent with different scan resolutions but do you know how to scan documents? Let’s explore mobile apps and other scanning solution options for businesses.
iOS to Mac Computer
Using Apple’s Continuity Camera, you can scan a document or take a picture of something nearby and it will appears instantly on your Mac. This app supports macOS Mojave and iOS 12. The Mac and iOS devices need be logged into the same Apple ID and Wi-Fi network simultaneously.
To scan a document, here are the easy steps:
- Place the cursor where you want the scan to be placed
- Right-click and a pop-up menu will appear
- Select Scan Documents
- Open the camera on your phone and manually capture a scan
- Add additional scans to the document or tap Save when you're finished
- Your scans will automatically appear in a PDF document in a window on your Mac
- All scans will be saved on the iCloud
Office Lens App
This free app, trims, enhances, and makes pictures of whiteboards and docs readable. You can use Office Lens to convert images to PDF, Word and PowerPoint, and you can even save images to OneNote or OneDrive.
This app works on both iOS and Android devices. It is typically used to scan receipts, business cards, notes and photos. Here’s what you need to do:
- Download and install the app on your iPhone, Android or iPad device
- Open the app and give it permission to access your photos and camera
- When scanning papers, aim your device’s camera at the printed document
- Double-tap the image to zoom in or out
- Tap the Crop icon and make the necessary changes
- Save it to OneDrive or OneNote
Scanning Files for Business
While the Apple and Office solutions (noted above) are fine for scanning on the go, when you have a number of paper files or want to free up space in your cabinet, a scanner rental is required. Here’s what you need to do:
- Estimate how much paper you need to scan and how much time you must devote to it. High volume scanners will allow you to move through your cabinets quicker than low volume ones.
- Set aside a day to scan and shred. Since you will either be scanning paper documents to the cloud or the server, there will need to be someone handling the scans and another person renaming each document. In addition, create a computer file folder and include common documents for searchability ease. You will also want to have a shedder rental available for sensitive and confidential documents.
- Rent scanners and understand scanner dpi (dots per inch which determines quality). Look for scanning resolutions of 200 dpi for documents; best dpi for scanning photos is min. 300 dpi but not more than 600 dpi.
- To cut down on the paper, continue this process monthly, quarterly or adjust the schedule to suit your business cycle.
Rent scanners from Hartford Technology Rental
We have well-maintained scanners, provides 24/7 service and offer the best scanner rental price guarantee. With main distribution centers located in Chicago, Washington DC, New York and Los Angeles we can have your rental scanner delivered next business day in most cases. Give us a call at 888-520-5667 and a technical sales rep will assist you in finding the best model for your job.