When it comes to making memories in this generation, we are lucky to have our camera phones and other gadgets to turn to for capturing great moments. Particularly with the iPhone and iPad, there are many photo editing/sharing apps that can be used to re-vamp your “Kodak moments.” Here are some great free photo editing app suggestions that can be used at your fingertips from your iPhone/iPad:
- Pixlr-o-matic: Known for its abundance of photo editing options, this app offers over 2 million combinations to make your photos look amazing. After choosing an effect, overlay, and border, your masterpiece will be complete. Also, if you’re the indecisive type, you can try the in-app “randomizer” to choose an effect, overlay, and border for you. You can also share your photo directly with your friends through Facebook, imm.io, dropbox, iTunes, Flickr or email.
- PicsPlay: Perfect for both photo-editing beginners and professionals, this app is insanely easy to navigate. It offers 200 presets and all editing features as well as camera zoom options for taking a photo in editing mode. Undo, redo, reset, or compare with an original photo at any time during the editing process. Allows for photo sharing to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Kakaotalk, Line etc.
- EyeEm: Highly acclaimed by The Next Web and TechCrunch, this photo filter camera app allows you to take and edit photos with 14 real-time filters and 12 frames. Most comparable to the popular photo-sharing app Instagram, it’s also very easy to navigate and perfect for sharing your memories on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, or Foursquare. Since Instagram ditched Twitter integration, EyeEm’s appeal has become more apparent when comparing the two.
- Adobe Photoshop Express: Perfect for those little fixes on the go; cropping, red eye, lighting, etc. Choose from a variety of one-touch effects, or simply drag your finger across the screen to crop, rotate, or adjust color. A copy of your original photo is always saved and you can undo and redo until your artistic editing process is up to your satisfaction.It also offers in-app purchases.
- Aviary: Described by USA Today as “A solid, simple camera editing app,” Aviary is your one-stop shop for photo-editing tools all in one place. While adding new tools all the time, the app includes effects, frames, auto-enhance, stickers, text, cosmetic tools, and more. It also allows for sharing on your favorite social networks.