On Tuesday of this week, Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, launched three revamped products - iPad Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Mini - to an excited audience in Brooklyn, New York. Gain insights into each model, its features as well as the type of employees most suited to take advantage of each computing model.
This is the biggest change to the iPad in eight years. Almost a quarter-inch thinner than the previous generation, it comes in 11” and 13” models. With rounded corners and no home button, it presents nearly an edge-to-edge display. It’s also very fast, with expectations to outperform most laptops. Additional features are:
- Face ID, which unlocks the unit with the owner’s glance
- One USB-C port for connection up to a 5K monitor as an additional workstation
- Pencil that’s magnetically connected to the side of the device and charges automatically
- The A12X Bionic chip with next-generation Neural Engine, built for advanced machine learning
- This is their best device for Augmented Realty because of advanced cameras, sensors and improved four-speaker audio
- All-day battery life
The iPad Pro is for a professional who needs power, is utilizing AI, as well as those developing or using Augmented Reality.
Completely redesigned, this 13.3” notebook is 25% lighter than previous models and weighs in at 2.75 pounds. The MacBook Air highlights Apple’s commitment to the environment. Its base is made from 100% of recycled aluminum. This unit is 60% faster than the previous model and also touts:
- Four million pixels of resolution and 48% more color than previous generations, making images really come to life
- A FaceTime HD camera that allows for Group FaceTime calls with business associates
- Three microphones for better sound quality when making calls or using Siri
- A more responsive keyboard
- Touch ID and T2 security chip for increased security
- Up to twelve hours of battery life
Great for business professionals on the go, environmentally conscious workers and creative types. This unit isn’t only light, but it’s also powerful.
The first update in four years, this hardware has quad-core Intel processors with an option to upgrade to six-core. It’s five times faster than previous units. The Mac Mini also features:
- Four USB-C Thunderbolt 3 ports, making data transfer five times faster than previous models
- Two USB-A ports
- T2 Security Chip which features an SSD controller with on-the-fly data encryption -- Everything stored on the SSD is automatically and fully encrypted
- 10Gb Ethernet option
- An HDMI video and audio port
- Made from 100% recycled aluminum
Business professionals that need to connect with a variety of devices in a secure environment with guaranteed top performance, should consider this unit. It is sold without a display, keyboard, or mouse, so it’s perfect for those offices desiring to swap out the previous generation Mac Mini, or for projects and events where Apple external devices are already available.
Hartford Technology Rental Has a Variety of Apple Products
Rent Apple products from us and we'll deliver the most powerful computers and laptops for your business professionals. We'll rent to you in bulk or a single quantity to suit your needs. Get a Quick Quote now!