With Easter taking place this coming weekend, we want to share some entertaining trivia about Easter in this 2017 edition.
Did you know that ...
- After Halloween, Easter is the top-selling candy holiday.
- Easter is a “movable feast” – one that is set according to the phases of the moon – so the dates are different each year but typically occur between March 22 and April 25.
- More than 90 million chocolate Easter bunnies are manufactured each year.
- Peeps are manufactured in the US at a mind-boggling rate of five million a day.
- The most famous Easter parade is held in New York.
- The first egg roll on the White House lawn was held by Lucy Hayes, wife of President Rutherford B. Hayes in 1878.
- The largest chocolate Easter Egg was created in Tosca (Italy) on April 16, 2011. It weighed 15,873 lbs., and had a circumference of 64 ft., 3.65 in. at its widest point.
- In some European countries, other animals—in Switzerland the cuckoo, in certain parts of Germany the fox—brought the Easter eggs.
- Households spend on average $131 on Easter each year, with $14.7 billion spent totally.
Hartford Technology Rental hopes you enjoy celebrating this spring holiday with your family and friends!