Whether you are a company that works with government agencies or are a government meeting planner that needs to rent a laptop, partnering with an approved vendor will make a big difference in the speed and efficiency you receive with your technology.
Let’s focus on what a GSA Contractor is, the benefits of using one and how Hartford Technology Rental can help.
What is a General Service Administration (GSA) Contract?
The GSA contract approval process was created to provide a streamlined, efficient method for federal agencies to rent the computer and AV equipment they need on a short-term basis.
The purpose is threefold:
- Reduce the time, cost and bureaucracy in renting equipment
- Ensure the lowest possible price is obtained and
- To verify contractors are qualified to rent to the federal government.
This process ensures you that the GSA-negotiated prices are from GSA-approved vendors.
What are typical GSA Rental Scenarios?
Short-term rental needs usually span one day to several weeks. Three examples are:
- Computer rentals for seasonal and contract workers.
It probably does not make sense to purchase this type of equipment if your workforce needs vary from month-to-month or year-to-year. In addition, as technology improves and changes, renting gives you more flexibility and options.
- Special events and meetings.
One to four day event rentals can include audio visual rentals and computers. The burden of ownership and maintenance of this equipment is taken away from you because the equipment is used so infrequently.
- Your equipment is being serviced or you want to “try before you buy”.
Equipment capabilities do deteriorate over time and eventually, you do have to retire old technology. If you wish to rent a laptop or rent an iPad before you buy one, this is the perfect opportunity to do so.
Benefits of Renting with a GSA Approved Contractor
Besides time and price, there are other benefits of working with an approved contractor. Here are just a few:
- The ability to provide computer rental and laptop rental services to any federal government agency. Hartford Technology Rental, a GSA approved vendor, delivers rentals on-time, every time.
- You are ensured competitive rates and quality services on computers and audio visual rentals.
- Before the GSA approves a supplier, they must prove they offer a large selection of computer and audio visual rental equipment.
- Free maintenance and technical support are available for the entire time you are renting the equipment.
Benefits of Renting from Hartford Technology Rental
Hartford Technology Rental is a veteran-owned small business that has GSA contract approval. We offer 24/7 technical support, experienced account executives and a large inventory of computer and AV equipment. Give us a call at 888.520.5667 or look us up on the GSA Advantage website.