Whether it is a hurricane, tornado, flood or an earthquake – every region of the country is susceptible to some sort of natural disaster. In addition, the crisis could even be something man-made such as a major IT failure or city-wide power outage.
The point is, no matter what the problem, it can take down your business for several hours, days or weeks. Without a fluid and thought out business continuity plan, you could be putting your organization at serious risk.
Today’s blog will focus on statistics associated with laisse faire planning, questions to ask when conducting a disaster planning audit and how Hartford Technology Rentals can make developing a business continuity plan less painful.
- › According to Alibaba.com in a survey of 600 small to medium sized businesses, 74% of them did not have a disaster recovery plan.
- › 40% of small businesses do not reopen after a disaster, according to FEMA.
- › According to AT&T, 29% of all organizations invoke their business continuity plan at some point during the company’s existence.
- › In an Information Week survey of 430+ business professionals, only 23% were extremely confident that they could get their business up and running again in a reasonable timeframe.
- And probably the most eye-opening fact of them all is…
- › …The average cost for time lost is $250,000 to $500,000 per hour, according to GlobalScape.
Key Questions to Ask When Disaster Planning
Now that I have your attention, here are eight questions to answer when putting together your disaster plan.
- What are your mission critical services?
- Have you ranked them in order of most to least needed?
- When was the last time you conducted an asset inventory?
- Do you know the location of all your assets?
- Is all your data backed up regularly?
- Is it backed up on storage or the cloud?
- Can you retrieve the data quickly?
- How long will it take?
How Hartford Technology Rentals can help
It doesn’t matter if you and your team are in a hotel, warehouse or trailer, you can rent a computer in bulk from us and we can load it with your backup files and customized software and deliver the units to you with the solution you need within hours of the request.
Hartford Technology Rentals has:
- › 24/7 on-call technical staff
- › State-of-the-art inventory, including a full-line of Apple Mac Rentals, printer rentals and copier machine rentals.
- › Wi-Fi Hotspot Rentals
In addition, HTR can help you develop a cost-effective plan that includes redundancies and contingencies.
Hartford Technology Rentals can provide you with a communication subscription plan that entails 24/7 on-call support to your business. Our goal is to get your organization up and running in the shortest possible time if a disaster should strike. Give us a call at 888.520.5667 to learn more about how we can help with your disaster planning!