Even though there has been speculation about the future of Apple, they posted record quarterly revenues and earnings for their first quarter, which ended on December 31, 2016.
However, company management recognizes that they still must stay on top of:
- Competitive pressures in the marketplace
- Customer demand for new products and programs on a timely basis and
- Recognizing the effect third-party vendors can have on their overall quality and cost of their products.
Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, summed up the results this way, “We’re thrilled to report that our holiday quarter results generated Apple’s highest quarterly revenue ever…and we are very excited about the products in our pipeline. “
So, what is in the near-term pipeline for Apple products? Here are what contributors from Forbes speculate will happen very soon.
According to patents published earlier this week, Apple is planning on putting an antenna into the hinge assembly of its laptop thus allowing cell data plans to be used on the MacBook family of computers.
What will this mean? Rather than using your smartphone or mobile hotspot device, the cell connection will be integrated into the MacBook, thus saving a user time when connecting to the Internet.
iPhone 8 with OLED
The iPhone 8 is expected to have an Organic Light-Emitting Diode display with an emissive electroluminescent layer of organic compounds which emits light in response to an electric current.
The challenge will be that Apple’s competitor, Samsung, is essentially the single source supplier of this technology. This means that Samsung must increase production three-fold in order to keep up with Apple’s anticipated demand for the new iPhone.
What are the benefits of OLED technology? Here are the 4 major ones:
- A curved screen, which means the screen will be borderless and have a better viewing area
- The 8 will be much thinner and lighter than previous iPhones
- Have very fast response time
- Always on display mode because battery life will not be impacted
Hartford Technology Rental Offers Apple Technology
We have MacBook rentals, iPhone rentals and many other Apple rentals available to meet your business needs. If you are interested in learning more about our corporate rental program, contact us online or call 888-520-5667 to speak to our experienced sales associates.