For those of you making the transition to Mac, we understand it can be a difficult adjustment in some respects. Taking advantage of the App Store on your iPhone or iPad is quite simple once you get the hang of it. Once you set up your Apple ID, to download an app from the App Store:
- Tap the “App Store” icon on your device. It should be blue and say “App Store” underneath.
- Once the app has opened, you can tap the “Featured” option on the bottom to search through the featured page or the “Top Charts” option to search through the top apps. If you are looking to download a specific app, go to the upper right corner of the “App Store” where there’s a magnifying glass and click the blank space next to it. Then, type the name of the app you would like to search for.
- Then, once you have selected the app you would like to download, tap the big square that shows the app details. Here you can read the app description, ratings, etc. Once you are ready to download the app, click the gray button where it says “free” or a dollar amount. It should then turn green and say “Install App.”
- Click “Install App.” The dark blue “Apple ID Password” box should pop up. Type in your apple ID (which may be already saved) and password, then hit “Okay.”
- Once the app has finished downloading, the box that previously said “Install App” will say “Open.” Press “Open” to open the app.
- The app will then open and you can proceed to set up the app settings to your satisfaction.