June had a plethora of technology announcements typically delivered at conferences this month. Here are the most impactful ones along with my assessment of how they might impact your business strategy for the remainder of 2017 and beyond.
Top Tech Announcements for June
4 Major Conferences Took Place
The highlights from this Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) conference included:
- ProLiant MicroServer Gen10, an entry level server specifically designed for small offices, home offices or medium-sized business environments.
- Synergy, the world’s first platform architected for composable infrastructure, resources that are logically pooled so that administrators don't have to physically configure hardware to support a specific software application.
- A sneak-peek at “NewStack”, a comprehensive hybrid IT software platform that will allow customers to seamlessly compose, operate, and optimize workloads across on-premises, private, hosted and public clouds.
The announcements from this conference were written in the June 13 blog post.
Here is what was announced:
- ThinkAgile, Lenovo’s portfolio of converged systems that help you transform your data center with purpose-built systems that incorporate servers, storage and networking into one flexible and scalable system that is managed as a single entity.
- ThinkSystem, is designed to deliver the capabilities you need to exceed today’s needs, while preparing you for the next wave of innovation: Cloud, Software-Defined Environments, Artificial Intelligence, and Analytics.
- 14 new servers, 7 new storage systems, and expanded set of networking portfolios.
- Intel as a partner in the development of the new data center portfolio, based on Intel’s next-gen Xeon scalable processors.
Announced at this conference were:
- An intent-based network, which uses machine learning to automatically enforce security policies and maintain the company’s network.
- Catalyst 9000 Series Switches which have onboard x86-based CPU and Cisco IOS® XE 16 within them. Together they deliver advanced programmability, stronger security, greater wireless access point densities and support for higher bandwidth uplinks. They are also IoT/mobile/cloud ready.
- Encrypted Traffic Analytics which use advanced behavioral analytics to detect and contain threats hiding in encrypted traffic.
- Collaboration with Apple on advanced security thread detections, improvements on WebEx and Spark tools and better Wi-Fi analytics.
Business Impact: As you look at these announcements, the four overarching themes are simplicity, configurability, collaboration and security. IT professionals today want to easily manage their network and configure it to their needs on a real-time basis. They also want to be assured the data is secure and that the new devices attached to the network don’t impact its integrity and speed.
League: The New Way to Deliver Health Care
This app delivers healthcare in one-stop shopping. With personalized benefits, League’s health reimbursement and lifestyle spending accounts, lets employees delegate their dollars on the health services they need and wellness activities they want. They also offer Health @ Work which encompasses onsite treatments, fitness classes and seminars.
Business Impact: Managing healthcare choices and coverage from a smartphone is the way of the future and employees, especially for Millennials, are demanding it. In addition, employers and employees alike, are embracing a more holistic approach to healthcare which this system uniquely offers.
Gamut: An E-Commerce Site for Contractors
Like the Amazon model, this site is geared toward builders and contractors who need to find a part quickly. Upon ordering, it will make smart suggestions about other parts or supplies the user might need. Products are shipped within one business day of ordering.
Business Impact: Having this type of inventory all in one location, allows homes, commercial and industrial buildings to be completed at a faster pace.
Brought to You by Hartford Technology Rental
We maintain a large portfolio of the latest in rental technology, backed by an extraordinary team that is available 24/7. Hartford Technology Rental services every city nationwide with distribution centers in Chicago, Washington DC, NYC and LA.